- THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT
The purpose of this policy document is to promote and to facilitate the admission of learners to our school. Right of admission is reserved.
- FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES
The fundamental principle of admission to basic education to all is guaranteed by the Constitution.
- ADMISSION TO THE SCHOOL
3.1 Admission requirements for our schools shall not unfairly discriminate on grounds of race, gender, sex, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture or language.
3.2 An application for the admission of a learner shall be made to the principal of our school.
3.3 If the principal refuses an application under subsection (3) of the Schools Act, he shall inform the parent of the learner in writing or verbally of his decision and the reasons for such refusal. However it is not compulsory to give a reason.
- School fees are compulsory and the Owner determines the amount of school fees raised for a year. South Coast Academy is an independent institution (Private) with an annual budget dependent upon school fees for operating expenses.
- Attendance at a private school is a privilege and a commitment that involves expense.
- Parents who thus enrol their children in our school are liable for the payment of the school fees.
- Failure to pay school fees could result in termination of classes or even examinations.
- Report cards and all relevant information can be withheld if school fees are not paid.
- School fees are payable in advance before the 15th of each month, 12 instalments.
All new applications forms must be accompanied by the following:
- Report from the previous term if applying in 2019 / YEAR END report to be supplied end 2019
- PROVISIONAL TRANSFER CARD if applying before end of year from current school
- TRANSFER CARD – at the end of year
- Child’s UNABRIDGED birth certificate /passport & study permits
- Mother and Fathers ID’s
- Proof of income of person responsible for account
- Proof of residence of person responsible for account
- R 400 application fee – non refundable
|Back||Back to top|